Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 18:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 18:3
"All ye inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see ye, when he lifteth up an ensign on the mountains; and when he bloweth a trumpet, hear ye."

Tonight I was reading in Joseph Smith-History about Moroni's visit to Joseph Smith this verse stood out to me.
"He also quoted the second chapter of Joel, from the twenty-eighth verse to the last. He also said that this was not yet fulfilled, but was soon to be. And he further stated that the fulness of the Gentiles was soon to come in. He quoted many other passages of scripture, and offered many explanations which cannot be mentioned here."
(Joseph Smith - History 1:41)

It struck me how on September 21, 1823 the fullness of the Gentiles was soon to begin. The coming forth of the Book of Mormon, and temples dotting the earth today has lifted up an ensign to the nations. This year will be the 200th anniversary of this event. It's only been since President Nelson has been prophet that I understand that the restoration is an ongoing process and not completed. It makes me wonder what more is to come, and what will I live to see? One thing is for sure I will do my best to #HearHim.



Day 2856

No comments:

Post a Comment