Friday, January 27, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 21:6, 11

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 21:6, 11
"For thus hath the Lord said unto me, Go, set a watchman, let him declare what he seeth.
The burden of Dumah. He calleth to me out of Seir, Watchman, what of the night? Watchman, what of the night?"

This made me think of the watchman on the tower. That can see into the darkness that surrounds us and sound the warning voice of what is a ahead. The watchman on the tower is the prophet of God.

"So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me."
(Ezekiel 33:7)

"Although we admire all of these noble qualities, why do we follow President Nelson? Why do we follow the prophet? Because the Lord Jesus Christ has called him and designated him as His watchman on the tower.
Carcassonne is a remarkable walled city in France that has stood since medieval times. Tall towers surge upward from its protected walls, built for watchmen who stood on those towers day and night, keeping their attention riveted in the distance for the enemy. When the watchman saw an enemy approaching, his warning voice protected the people of Carcassonne from the impending danger they could not see.
A prophet is a watchman on the tower, protecting us from spiritual dangers we may not see.
The Lord said to Ezekiel, “I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word [from] my mouth, and warn them from me.”
We often speak of our need to follow the prophet, but consider this heavy burden the Lord places upon His prophet: “If thou dost not speak to warn the wicked … , [and] that wicked man … die in his iniquity; … his blood will I require at thine hand."
(Neil L. Andersen, "The Prophet of God", April 2018 General Conference)



Day 2859

No comments:

Post a Comment