Monday, January 23, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 17:6

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 17:6
"Yet gleaning grapes shall be left in it, as the shaking of an olive tree, two or three berries in the top of the uppermost bough, four or five in the outmost fruitful branches thereof, saith the LORD God of Israel."

gleaning grapes = IE only a small remnant of Israel will be found after Assyria's conquest. TG Israel, Remnant of.

I want to be a remnant of Israel, someone that is remaining after the world is shaken at the Lord's second coming. I thought about those gleaning grapes. The ones that are left in the top of the tree or on the outer branches. What does it say about them? I thought of the tree being the world, and those grapes being part of it, but not in it. In the world but not of the world. They kept their distance from the rest of the world that is easily shaken and fallen. They held on and grasped the word of God.

"If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you."
(John 15:19)

"And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil."
(John 17:13-15)



Day 2855

No comments:

Post a Comment