Thursday, January 19, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 13:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 13:3
"I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness."

It's pretty much terrible to think of the destruction of Babylon at the Second Coming. As I'm reading this I kept think where would I be. Where are the people that love the Lord and worship him?

The footnotes says "sanctified ones" and "saints" are synonymously translated from either of two Hebrew words in the Old Testament." OK, so I'm going to take it that I'm one of the saints.

The footnote for "mighty" references Joel 3:11
"Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy might ones to come down, O LORD."

Ah, so come down from where? The verse before tells me where.

"Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles."
(Isaiah 13:2)

The saints are standing in holy places. Exactly where we are told to be right now. There has to be a place of refuge for those that want to flee Babylon before it is to late.

"Wherefore, stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come; for behold, it cometh quickly, saith the Lord. Amen."
(Doctrine and Covenants 87:8)




Day 2851

No comments:

Post a Comment