Sunday, January 8, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 2:8, 20

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 2:8, 20
"Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:
In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;"

I'm sitting here with my head bowed, reading my scriptures on my smart phone. I love using the Gospel Library app while reading my scriptures. I can add impressions received as notes and create links between other scriptures and articles while studying. But, in appearance I don't look any different than any one else looking at a smart phone. Isaiah could describe us as appearing to worship the works of our own hands.

If my phone was dead I could see throwing it to the moles and bats, because it's useless if it has no power. I don't think the Lord wants me to stop reading my scriptures on my smart phone. The purpose it is used for and the content it contains is good. The scriptures are also not the work of man's hand but the word of God received by revelation to man. It's not the device that is the issue. Neither is creating something out of gold or silver. A temple is very much the works of our own hand dedicate to God, and we worship in it.

I think the issue with the works of man's hand is content and what we are doing with it. If I was hold up in the cavity of a rock for fear of the Lord, I could see throwing something like a smart phone to the moles and bats, if I didn't want the content discovered. No different than a criminal getting rid of the tools of his trade thinking he won't get caught if its not on them. Just like discarded tools can have your finger prints all over it, those that worship something other than God have it imprinted all over their hearts. That is why the idols were made each one for himself to worship. "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." (Matthew 6:21)



Day 2840

No comments:

Post a Comment