Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 11:16

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 11:16
"And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt."

I was pondering on and searching again about this highway that would be raised up. I do feel it's spiritual more that figurative, given what Isaiah 35:8-10 calls it "The way of holiness". To me it's the covenant path. This time I thought I would think outside the box and see if I understand things differently. The more I see prophecy fulfilled the more it doesn't resemble what my expectations of it where. As I was searching I came across Nephi's words after having read this section of Isaiah to his people.

"But behold, I proceed with mine own prophecy, according to my plainness; in the which I know that no man can err; nevertheless, in the days that the prophecies of Isaiah shall be fulfilled men shall know of a surety, at the times when they shall come to pass."
(2 Nephi 25:7)

It actually settled the matter for me today. I will know it when I see it. If f I live up to the covenants I have made, and always remember the Savior, I will have His Spirit to always be with me. This spirit will confirm to me with eyes that see and ears that hear to know and understand. It actually made me excited to see what comes. I love that moment of recognizing prophesy for what it is. It's not being told " I don't have the answers", it's "Wait for the answers will come". That is living in faith and I like it.



Day 2849

No comments:

Post a Comment