Saturday, May 14, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 7:1, 20

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 7:1, 20
"Is there not an appointed time to man upon earth? are not his days also like the days of an hireling?
I have sinned; what shall I do unto thee, O thou preserver of men? why hast thou set me as a mark against thee, so that I am a burden to myself?
And why dost thou not pardon my transgression, and take away mine iniquity? for now shall I sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I shall not be."

Job is absolutely in a depressed state. Yet, I see hope in this because he knows there is an appointed time for man to be on the earth. For all that Job has been through he has no idea if death will come quickly to him now. All he can do is turn to God and ask forgiveness for where he may have sinned in all this. If his sins are not pardoned quickly he fears he will not be. There will be no place for him in the kingdom of God.



Day 2602

No comments:

Post a Comment