Thursday, May 5, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Esther 8:17

Today's Favorite Verse: Esther 8:17
"And in every province, and in every city, whithersoever the king's commandment and his decree came, the Jews had joy and gladness, a feast and a good day. And many of the people of the land became Jews; for the fear of the Jews fell upon them."

I pondered on how "many of the people of the land became Jews". Was that a permission to acknowledge their heritage or was it a conversion to the faith I wondered? If the "fear of the Jews fell upon them", then it wasn't a true conversion. As I reflected on this I thought of Ukraine being attacked by Russia. How when that day happened we all became Ukrainian in our hearts. How we supported and mourned for them and still do. As death was going to fall upon the Jews, I think the people around them had their hearts go out to them in support. They all became Jews.



Day 2593

No comments:

Post a Comment