Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 24:24

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 24:24
"They are exalted for a little while, but are gone and brought low; they are taken out of the way as all other, and cut off as the tops of the ears of corn."

Chapter header: "Murderers, adulterers, those who oppress the poor, and wicked people in general often go unpunished for a little while."

These are the footnotes:
Little while: "For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace."
(Psalms 37:10-11)

Low: "And when these things have passed away a speedy destruction cometh unto my people; for, notwithstanding the pains of my soul, I have seen it; wherefore, I know that it shall come to pass; and they sell themselves for naught; for, for the reward of their pride and their foolishness they shall reap destruction; for because they yield unto the devil and choose works of darkness rather than light, therefore they must go down to hell."
(2 Nephi 26:10)

Tops: HEB heads of grains

Which made me think of the sifting of the wheat and tares.

"Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, ye must watch and pray always lest ye enter into temptation; for Satan desireth to have you, that he may sift you as wheat."
(3 Nephi 18:18)

"Therefore, I must gather together my people, according to the parable of the wheat and the tares, that the wheat may be secured in the garners to possess eternal life, and be crowned with celestial glory, when I shall come in the kingdom of my Father to reward every man according as his work shall be;
While the tares shall be bound in bundles, and their bands made strong, that they may be burned with unquenchable fire."
(Doctrine and Covenants 101:65-66)

"Therefore, let the wheat and the tares grow together until the harvest is fully ripe; then ye shall first gather out the wheat from among the tares, and after the gathering of the wheat, behold and lo, the tares are bound in bundles, and the field remaineth to be burned."
(Doctrine and Covenants 86:7)

As I pondered on these verses I thought about how the wheat will be gathered first, and how important it was to stay within the main stream of the church. Then I realized I was thinking majority and that may not even be quit right. What if the main stream or majority went astray? Then I pictured that stream being full of living water and standing in the full course of it. It wouldn't be determined by numbers it would be those that #HearHim and remain true.


Day 2619

No comments:

Post a Comment