Friday, May 13, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 6:2, 24

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 6:2, 24
"Oh that my grief were throughly weighed, and my calamity laid in the balances together!
Teach me, and I will hold my tongue: and cause me to understand wherein I have erred."

What stood out to me in Job's words is that even though his friends are causing him more grief he is willing to know where he has erred. In all their words they have only spouted off how he must have deserved his bad fate for it to come upon him. They never said Job you actually did this and that is why your loved ones and property are gone.

Even if he had somehow deserved it now was not the time to speak of such things. Job is right when he said: "To him that is afflicted pity should be shewed from his friend; but he forsaketh the fear of the Almighty." (vrs 14)



Day 2601

No comments:

Post a Comment