Thursday, May 12, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 5:7-8

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 5:7-8
"Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.
I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause:"

That really is good advice. All of Adam's posterity have had to work hard for nothing comes easy to us. This is the nature of mortal life.

"And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;"
(Genesis 3:17)

I pondered on how hard it would be to turn to God and know him if sorrow and suffering never came to us. Maybe that's part of why we are so tried and tested here, so we gain that knowledge that will last for the eternities.



Day 2600

No comments:

Post a Comment