Thursday, February 11, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Moses 2:19

Today's Favorite Verse: Moses 2:19

"And the evening and the morning were the fourth day."

As I was going over the creation story in the book of Moses this repeated phrase "the evening and morning were the (x) day" caught my attention. I was aware of this quote of Joseph Smith.

"So with regard to the periods occupied in the creation of the earth. Joseph taught that a day with God was not the twenty-four hours of our day; but that the six days of the creation were six periods of the Lord's time."
(George Q. Cannon, "Peculiarities of Public Preaching Among the Saints", JD 24:56)

So if the creation happened in not 24 hour days, but were creation periods wouldn't I see it in this story? I just thought and reflected on what was off by this phrase that I kept reading and was standing out to me. Then I realized it was backwards. If I talk about a 24 hour day I refer to it as day and night, not night and day. My day doesn't start with the night. This phrase wasn't typical to how I understand days. Could it be that is what God is trying to say? My day is not your day. It is according to my order of time. Ah, I think that is it. Now the creation periods fit for me. They were created by God's word and when he said they were done, which is according to his time.



Day 2145

No comments:

Post a Comment