Sunday, February 21, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Abraham 4:18

Today's Favorite Verse: Abraham 4:18

"And the Gods watched those things which they had ordered until they obeyed."

The Gods are God the Father and his son, Jesus Christ. What I noticed in this chapter is how many times the words organized (10), ordered (7), and obeyed (6) was mentioned. Each creation period has it at last once if not multiple times. From this I realized the progression to the next step in creation did not happen until God saw they were obeyed. I pondered on the cause and effect each creation had on the ability for the next creation to become organized, ordered and obeyed. Then I thought about how my obedience or lack of it, effects others around me. How the lack of obedience causes life to go into chaos. Truly out of all of God's creations man is the least obedient, and is less than the dust of the earth. For even dust is obedient.

"And they viewed themselves in the own carnal state, even less than the dust of the earth. And they all cried aloud with one voice, saying: O have mercy, and apply the atoning blood of Christ that we may receive forgiveness of our sins, and our hearts may be purified; for we believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who created heaven and earth, and all things; who shall come down among the children of men.
And it came to pass that after they had spoken these words the Spirit of the Lord came upon them, and they were filled with joy, having received a remission of their sins, and having peace of conscience, because of the exceeding faith which they had in Jesus Christ who should come, according to the words which king Benjamin had spoken unto them."
(Mosiah 4:2-3).

I am grateful for a loving Father in Heaven and his beautiful plan. He knew out of all his creations that man would need a savior to sacrifice and atone for their sins. I am grateful for my Lord, Jesus Christ for doing that for me.



Day 2155

No comments:

Post a Comment