Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Joseph Smith-Matthew 1:23

Today's Favorite Verse: Joseph Smith-Matthew 1:23
"Behold, I speak these things unto you for the elect's sake; and you also shall hear of wars, and rumors of wars; see that ye be not troubled, for all I have told you must come to pass; but the end is not yet."

I really think I could go through each of these 55 verses in this chapter individually and have something to ponder on and write. There is just so very much of great importance in this chapter. In fact when I just want some time to reflect I think I will read this chapter. I can see myself sitting in the celestial room of the temple reading and pondering these words.

I am struck on how many times the Lord says "I speak for mine elect's sake." In fact elect is mentioned 8 times. I think that means this chapter is of specific attention for the Lord's elect to be aware of. I want to count myself as one of them.

The reason this verse stood out to me is because I have been trying to express to others this thought, but didn't have the words. Now I see it's right here. "See that ye be not troubled, for all I have told you must come to pass." I have seen fear amongst people on many different levels. I have seen conspiracy theories and people all worked up over the words of false prophets. (Sadly, that isn't what they realize they are doing.) I think during this latter part of the last days the elect will not have fear, for they will have faith. They will know that even if storms, famines, earthquakes, floods, pestilence, plagues, wars and violence come. If nations fall and evil reigns to not be troubled. These things were prophesied to happen. We don't encourage bad things to happen, but we know that the Lord will strengthen us to endure these things.

I remember a discussion I had with someone. They were all concerned that our economy would fail and a new money system would be put in place. I cannot describe to you all they had worked themselves up over this matter into minute detail. I knew in my heart they were listening to false prophets that put fear in their heart. Then I asked "What difference does it really make if the money system changes? Will that really change your ability to live the gospel?"

Christ said "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." (Mark 12:17) A money system is not of God. It doesn't matter what is used. Why should it matter if the world uses the same thing? There are so many things that we need to not trouble ourselves over, for in the scheme of the eternities and our ability to have eternal life they mean nothing. They are only man's ways. The Lord has already told us what will come about. Know that if you are obedient and do what is right miracles and doors will open up for you. Yes, there are hard days ahead, but so are there promised mighty miracles too. "Be not troubled" is a measuring rod of who we are listening to. We have to have the faith that the Lord knows what is coming, there is a purpose and a plan for all that we endure. We have to be on the Lord's side in this and walk in faith and trust him.



Day 2157

No comments:

Post a Comment