Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 77:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 77:7

"Q. What are we to understand by the seven seals with which it was sealed?
A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh."

In this chapter Joseph Smith was in the middle of translating the Scriptures when he received by revelation the answers to questions on the Revelation of St. John. I have often though as I read this question and answer session, that I wished he had asked more questions. But, I know even the questions to ask are inspired and we are given what is needful for us at the time. I do like this question on the meaning of the book sealed with seven seals. It really does help in understanding the book of Revelations that they are simply representing each thousand year period of the temporal existence of this earth. From this the description and symbolism begin to open up the passages in Revelations. When I ponder on this it is amazing to me how inspired these questions asked in this chapter really were.

Day 2080

No comments:

Post a Comment