Monday, December 28, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 97:12-17

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 97:12-17

"Behold, this is the tithing and the sacrifice which I, the Lord, require at their hands, that there may be a house built unto me for the salvation of Zion -
For a place of thanksgiving for all saints, and for a place of instruction for all those who are called to the work of the ministry in all their several callings and offices;
That they may be perfected in the understanding of their ministry, in theory, in principle, and in doctrine, in all things pertaining to the kingdom of God on the earth, the keys of which kingdom have been conferred upon you.
And inasmuch as my people build a house unto me in the name of the Lord, and do not suffer any unclean thing to come into it, that it be not defiled, my glory shall rest upon it;
Yea, and my presence shall be there, for I will come into it, and all the pure in heart that shall come into it shall see God.
But if it be defiled I will not come into it, and my glory shall not be there; for I will not come into unholy temples."

Tonight is Monday, and before COVID-19 I would be going to bed early so I could wake up and attend the temple early Tuesday morning. Reading tonight about the temple made me feel so homesick. I haven't really felt homesick until now. Now I just sit and weep because I can't go to the temple. I used to gain so much going there. How long will it be before I can go back?

As I reflected on what I could do about this sadness and homesickness I thought about what I loved most while I was at the temple. I realized I wasn't getting the quiet time I needed. The time you reflect without any distracting noises. I used to spend several hours at the temple each week. I think I need more time to sit and reflect on this beautiful eternal plan, and the doctrine of Christ. There are things that I can do better. When I do get to go back to the temple I want to come a better person because I was made to wait.



Day 2100

No comments:

Post a Comment