Friday, December 18, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 87:6, 8

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 87:6, 8

"And thus, with the sword and by bloodshed the inhabitants of the earth shall mourn; and with famine, and plague, and earthquake, and the thunder of heaven, and the fierce and vivid lightning also, shall the inhabitants of the earth be made to feel the wrath, and indignation, and chastening hand of an Almighty God, until the consumption decreed hath made a full end of all nations;
Wherefore, stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come; for behold, it cometh quickly, saith the Lord. Amen."

I cannot help but think of what the world is going through right now. How there is a plague upon the earth. There is cause to mourn. I also thought about standing in holy places. The holiest of places are the temples, and I can't go there right now. The next holy place is my home. It's interesting that my home is the best place for me to be during the plague all around me. It gives me comfort to know that when the wrath of God is poured out there are places of refuge prepared for us.



Day 2090

No comments:

Post a Comment