Thursday, December 17, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 86:6-7

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 86:6-7

"But the Lord saith unto them, pluck not up the tares while the blade is yet tender (for verily your faith is weak), lest you destroy the wheat also.
Therefore, let the wheat and the tares grow together until the harvest is fully ripe; then ye shall first gather out the wheat from among the tares, and after the gathering of the wheat, behold and lo, the tares are bound in bundles, and the field remaineth to be burned."

I know we are right here in time. The shifting among the saints may come in my lifetime. I have no idea what will finally sift us. If fulfillment of prophecy has taught me, it's nothing I ever envisioned. So I cannot picture even what would cause it to happen. Instead of focusing on what is a tare I thought I would focus on what it means to be a wheat.

The faith would have to be strong to be a wheat. One would have to be fully matured spiritually to stand out against the tares. For when the wheat is mature it bows down, and the tares stand straight and proud. So, I would need to work on what is needful to strengthen my faith. There is a purpose for wheat and tares to grow together. I pondered on how my testimony has been strengthened as I have interacted with tares among the wheat. For it has caused me to turn to the Lord for guidance and support, and learning to forgive and place things in His hands. It has taught me a lot about the plan of salvation. I will be eternally grateful for what living among tares have taught me. I wonder if the separation comes because there are no more lessons for the wheat to learn from living among the tares?



Day 2089

No comments:

Post a Comment