Saturday, July 27, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Jacob 1:2, 9

Today's Favorite Verse: Jacob 1:2, 9
"And he gave me, Jacob, a commandment that I should write upon these plates a few of the things which I considered to be most precious; that I should not touch, save it were lightly, concerning the history of this people which are called the people of Nephi.
Now Nephi began to be old, and he saw that he must soon die; wherefore, he anointed a man to be a king and a ruler over his people now, according to the reigns of the kings."

Before Nephi dies he gives his brother Jacob charge of the plates. He is to write what is most precious and sacred, revelation that was great, or prophesying, but touch lightly on the history. It always stands out to me when Nephi anoints a "man" to be king and ruler after him. Why did he call him a man? If he was a relative, son of one of his brothers, Sam, Jacob, Joseph, or even Zoram's descendant wouldn't he say that? I makes me wonder what other people they may have come across at this point and mixed with. We are only told of the Mulekites later when their story combines with confirmation on the destruction of Jerusalem, lack of what a record will do to a people, and the story of the Jaredites. There is so much we don't know, and I can't wait for the day when we do.


Day 3405


No comments:

Post a Comment