Thursday, July 4, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 11:3

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 11:3
"And my brother, Jacob, also has seen him as I have seen him; wherefore, I will send their words forth unto my children to prove unto them that my words are true. Wherefore, by the words of three, God hath said, I will establish my word. Nevertheless, God sendeth more witnesses, and he proveth all his words."

As I pondered over the law of witnesses I recalled a quote on how the teaching of the doctrine is not obscure. Witnesses are there for a reason and to teach us. I finally found the quote.

"A few question their faith when they find a statement made by a Church leader decades ago that seems incongruent with our doctrine. There is an important principle that governs the doctrine of the Church. The doctrine is taught by all 15 members of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve. It is not hidden in an obscure paragraph of one talk. True principles are taught frequently and by many. Our doctrine is not difficult to find."
(Neil L. Andersen, "Trial of Your Faith", Oct 2012 General Conference)

I have found that every time the spirit teaches me greater understanding I will then go back and find were it has been already taught. I just didn't understand it at the time. When we learn something new there are always witnesses. If it cannot be confirmed by the Lord's witnesses then I would question it.



Day 3382

No comments:

Post a Comment