Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 24:13-14

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 24:13-14
"For thou hast said in thy heart: I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north;
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High."

Isaiah (14:13-14) is being quoted here. He is speaking of Satan and how he sought to set himself above God and have his glory. He was full of pride, and with it desired to destroy the agency of man to obtain all power. The same fight over pride, and power is among us today.

"And I, the Lord God, spake unto Moses, saying: That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor.
Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down;"
(Moses 4:1, 3

Pride is the only tool the adversary has against the righteous. It is with pride the armor of God can be cracked, even if to say how righteous you are. This is the greatest of sins and must constantly be watched for.

"For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch."
(Malachi 4:1)


Day 3395

No comments:

Post a Comment