Monday, July 1, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 8:24

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 8:24
"Awake, awake, put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city; for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean."

I love this verse, and how I love to wear my beautiful garments. I love the house of the Lord. The covenants I make there strengthen me. I wondered how those that are not a temple going people would understand this verse is Isaiah 52? I also pondered on how there are some that once they have the beautiful garments don't think of them as beautiful and reject them. What a difference it makes, what we love today is what we will take with us on the other side.

"Do not suppose, because it has been spoken concerning restoration, that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness. Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness.
And now behold, is the meaning of the word restoration to take a thing of a natural state and place it in an unnatural state, or to place it in a state opposite to its nature?
O, my son, this is not the case; but the meaning of the word restoration is to bring back again evil for evil, or carnal for carnal, or devilish for devilish—good for that which is good; righteous for that which is righteous; just for that which is just; merciful for that which is merciful. "
(Alma 41:10, 12-13)



Day 3379






No comments:

Post a Comment