Monday, July 22, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 29:8, 12-13

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 29:8, 12-13
"Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose that it contains all my words; neither need ye suppose that I have not caused more to be written.
For behold, I shall speak unto the Jews and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the Nephites and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the other tribes of the house of Israel, which I have led away, and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto all nations of the earth and they shall write it.
And it shall come to pass that the Jews shall have the words of the Nephites, and the Nephites shall have the words of the Jews; and the Nephites and the Jews shall have the words of the lost tribes of Israel; and the lost tribes of Israel shall have the words of the Nephites and the Jews."

Part of this is fulfilled today. We have the records of the Jews and the Nephites, the Bible and Book of Mormon. Now we wait for more records to come forth, including the lost tribes of Israel.

About 30 years ago I thought I had heard about them being found. I was serving at a family history center and the director came in looking out of sorts. He had just come back from a meeting in Salt Lake. He told me he had learned of a large collections of records that the Russian government had asked the church to microfilm. They were found in caves along the Caspian Sea. They were so fragile that when the Russians attempted to open these records they would disintegrate. They contacted The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints because of their expertise in preserving and microfilming records. The arrangement was for the church to retain a copy of these records. There were so many records they were taken out by the truck loads. The church was in the process at that time of filming these records, and what they were finding was a history and genealogy of the lost tribes. This man was really in shock as he related to me what he had learned. I felt it to my core these were the records. I have waited nearly 30 years to learn any further news of these records but haven't.
 
Regardless if the records I heard about 30 years ago are truly them or not, I know somewhere the records of the lost tribes exist. Someday they will be restored to us, before the Lord's second coming. Someday I will read them and hold them and love them as I do all the scriptures I have today. I will continue to treasure and ponder and pray over the ones I have today. So when that day comes, that more records are given, I will thrill in the harmony and consistency of the Lord, as he speaks to his people. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.




Day 3400

No comments:

Post a Comment