Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 31:13

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 31:13
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I know that if ye shall follow the Son, with full purpose of heart, acting no hypocrisy and no deception before God, but with real intent, repenting of your sins, witnessing unto the Father that ye are willing to take upon you the name of Christ, by baptism—yea, by following your Lord and your Savior down into the water, according to his word, behold, then shall ye receive the Holy Ghost; yea, then cometh the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost; and then can ye speak with the tongue of angels, and shout praises unto the Holy One of Israel."

We may follow the Lord with full purpose of heart, have real intent that we will always do so, but it is part of the plan that we will still slip and fall. The difference is we know it, and won't hide it. We will repent and try again. This is how we learn and grow, it truly shows our real intent to follow Him.

I learned this week that you can lose patience and get angry, mess things up and watch things go out of control. Yet, there was still a purpose for all that happened. Things moved quickly in a direction for my family's greater good than I could have ever realized. Yes, I needed to repent of my part, because I could have done better, even though the ultimate outcome wouldn't have changed. There is a reason why my slower plan wouldn't work, because it wasn't His. The Lord is letting me stumble and grow, and watching out for me at the same time. I marvel at how as I sincerely repented and grieved how he revealed things regarding the situation I had no insight on before hand. He brought confirmation and peace to my soul. As the greater picture has taken shape I stand so amazed on how protected we have been all this time.


Day 3402


No comments:

Post a Comment