Thursday, July 13, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Hosea 4:1, 6

Today's Favorite Verse: Hosea 4:1, 6
"Hear the word of the LORD, ye children of Israel: for the LORD hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

I remember watching this video were the interviewer was asking people if they had ever read the bible. It was so disheartening to hear their responses in the negative. A few weeks ago it made the news that three Jeopardy contestants where stumped by a question on the Lord's prayer. What was once common knowledge is not so common anymore. The knowledge of God is fading in our land. When that fades even the moral guidance from God's laws is forgotten. We are in such a sad condition.

The power to over turn this comes one by one. I dedicated myself to reading the scriptures daily 13 years ago. Once I had my habit in place I invited my family to read scriptures together. It was not easy to find a time that worked for all of us. It required sacrifice. Most things worth it have that price. We settled on 11:30 at night, after my husband came home from his second shift job. It was past my bedtime, so it required I have two. I would go to bed and then get up again when he came home. It was hard but it quickly became the highlight of our day. We would talk and discuss the scriptures and how they applied to us for hours. Since my husband has retired we have a more realistic time before dinner at 5:00 pm. After dinner I read my personal scriptures. We are not special people, anyone can make the decision to read the scriptures. When you pay the price to know God you will find Him, and great will be the peace of your children. A knowledge of God is the greatest legacy you can leave them.



Day 3025

No comments:

Post a Comment