Thursday, July 27, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Amos 1:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Amos 1:3
"Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Damascus, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they have threshed Gilead with threshing instruments of iron:"

The phrase "Thus saith the Lord" is mentioned 5 times in this chapter. Each time Amos says "for three transgressions, and for four". Meaning they reached their limit and then some. Each time he also says "I will not turn away the punishment thereof". Meaning they are not repentant and their punishments replaces any blessings they could have had. As I was reading this I thought about the wo's in the scripture. The more wo's the closer they were to destruction. I wouldn't want a prophet of God to place a wo or say "thus saith the Lord" on my head. It's not a good place to be. If it's said you better listen for he is speaking the words of God.



Day 3039

No comments:

Post a Comment