Friday, July 21, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Hosea 12:10, 13

Today's Favorite Verse: Hosea 12:10, 13
"I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.
And by a prophet the LORD brought Israel out of Egypt, and by a prophet was he preserved."

The ministry of Moses was a similitude of many things pointing to Christ. One of which was also the Lord being brought out of Egypt, where his parents had taken him to preserve his life from Herod.

"When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:
And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son."
(Matthew 2:14-15)

In the last couple of days I have been listening to some old general conference talks from the 1980's that I remembered. I was struck with how much we were warned about then has now come to full fruition. Fruit that is not always desirable. If only we had listened. I don't want to make the mistake now.




Day 3033

No comments:

Post a Comment