Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Daniel 7:28

Today's Favorite Verse: Daniel 7:28
"Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart."

I pondered on how troubled Daniel was to see the vision that he did, and I don't feel troubled at all by what I read. As I reflected on this I realized I am at the end scene, and not at the beginning like Daniel was. Where one kingdom after another rose to power, and then was destroyed. That repeated desolation over and over again and knowing how over come the saints would be, must have been very troubling indeed. But, I come at the end, where all this history has gone before me. I know Christ came, atoned and died and was resurrected. That His church is again upon the earth for the last time. There is so much of a positive note to hold onto I just don't have the worry about what the world itself will do. I know all the kingdoms of the world will fall but that is only a preparation for when the Lord will ultimately come and rule through the millennium.

I read something in the Institute manual that made me think about the preparation period we are in.

"Elder Daniel H. Wells indicated what the Saints must do to receive the kingdom: “I have often been asked the question, ‘When will the kingdom be given into the hands of the Saints of the most high God;’ and I have always answered it in this way: just so soon as the Lord finds that He has a people upon the earth who will uphold and sustain that kingdom, who shall be found capable of maintaining its interests and of extending its influence upon the earth. When he finds that he has such a people, a people who will stand firm and faithful to him, a people that will not turn it over into the lap of the devil, then, and not until then, will he give ‘the kingdom’ into the hands of the Saints of the most high, in its power and influence when it shall fill the whole earth. … It depends, in a great measure, upon the people themselves, as to how soon the kingdom spoken of by Daniel shall be given into the hands of the Saints of God. When we shall prove ourselves faithful in every emergency that may arise, and capable to contend and grapple with every difficulty that threatens our peace and welfare, and to overcome every obstacle that may tend to impede the progress of the Church and kingdom of God upon the earth, then our heavenly Father will have confidence in us, and then he will be able to trust us.” (In Journal of Discourses, 23:305.)
(Old Testament Student Manual Kings-Malachi, "Daniel: Prophet of God, Companion of Kings (Daniel)", (28-41) The Saints Will Possess the Kingdom)

I have thought the world wicked enough for the Lord to come and destroy it. That He was waiting for the saints to be righteous enough to receive Him. But, I'm not so sure about that now. I think there is a time set by God the Father for Christ's second coming. It will not come before or after that time. The issue ism will we be found ready or not?



Day 3016

No comments:

Post a Comment