Monday, July 31, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Amos 5:18

Today's Favorite Verse: Amos 5:18
"Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light."

This verse made me stop and sit and ponder on it. I wondered why was there a woe associated with desiring the day of the Lord? Then I realized it was the motive. What was the end of the desire? It was to seek the destruction of others. They are not looking at it as the light and glory of His coming, but the darkness it will be as a dreadful day for others. This is not something we should be gleeful over. This is something to feel great sorrow that this is the fate of the unrepented.

I am always a little troubled when I hear people speak of the wickedness of the world, and then in the next breath say they can't wait for the second coming. I am at a loss for words, because I'm not sure they understand what that all means.

"Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble."
(Mosiah 28:3)



Day 3043

No comments:

Post a Comment