Sunday, July 30, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Amos 4:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Amos 4:7
"And also I have withholden the rain from you, when there were yet three months to the harvest: and I caused it to rain upon one city, and caused it not to rain upon another city: one piece was rained upon, and the piece whereupon it rained not withered.
So two or three cities wandered unto one city, to drink water; but they were not satisfied: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD."

The Lord used a warning voice by pouring out famine, pestilence, swords, and burning upon Israel. Even with all that "yet have ye not returned unto me". The Lord use calamities and disasters as a voice of warnings, as a opportunity for us wake up and turn back to him. It is a stiff-necked people when they don't listen. It reminded of a television interview I saw once after a shooting, and the people were saying "Don't pray for me. I don't want your prayers. Prayers do nothing." I felt so sorry for them because prayers help so much. What I noticed in these verses is that God would cause rain to fall on one city, and not on others. People turn to others in times of disasters. We are only made satisfied when our hearts are turned to Him.

"How oft have I called upon you by the mouth of my servants, and by the ministering of angels, and by mine own voice, and by the voice of thunderings, and by the voice of lightnings, and by the voice of tempests, and by the voice of earthquakes, and great hailstorms, and by the voice of famines and pestilences of every kind, and by the great sound of a trump, and by the voice of judgment, and by the voice of mercy all the day long, and by the voice of glory and honor and the riches of eternal life, and would have saved you with an everlasting salvation, but ye would not!"
(Doctrine and Covenants 43:25)




Day 3042

No comments:

Post a Comment