Thursday, May 18, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 9:4

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 9:4
"And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof."

All these men that are marked in their forehead are preserved and not slain. I found this interesting because I just finished reading about the Amlicites in the Book of Mormon.

"And the Amlicites were distinguished from the Nephites, for they had marked themselves with red in their foreheads after the manner of the Lamanites; nevertheless they had not shorn their heads like unto the Lamanites."
(Alma 3:4)

The Amlicites having joined the Lamanites marked themselves as they went to battle against the Nephites. This way they could be distinguished for which side they belonged to. It's interesting how God uses markings at various times and in various ways. The difference with the Amlicites is they did it to themselves to stand with the wicked.

I thought about all the markings God has used over time, and about the one that is still to come. I have no clue what the mark of the beast is. It may be physical or a state of being and written upon my mind. Whatever the problem is with the beast is worshipping it instead of God. One thing is for sure I will not worry myself over it's mark. When the time is right I will either know it for what it is, either through the spirit or from the prophet. In the mean time I just make sure the Lord is the only one I worship, and nothing of this world.

"The Prophet Joseph Smith said: “I make this broad declaration, that whenever God gives a vision of an image, or beast, or figure of any kind, He always holds Himself responsible to give a revelation or interpretation of the meaning thereof, otherwise we are not responsible or accountable for our belief in it. Don’t be afraid of being damned for not knowing the meaning of a vision or figure, if God has not given a revelation or interpretation of the subject.” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 291.)



Day 2970

No comments:

Post a Comment