Thursday, May 25, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 16:20

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 16:20
"Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter,"

I don't like to admit it but when I saw this chapter speaking against the high places and playing the harlot I thought, not again! Boy, did I learn my lesson about what was really, really bothering the Lord. It wasn't anger over them not worshipping Him, it was really all about how this behavior harmed others. They killed children!!! That is the most offense thing a person can do. It was no small matter.

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."
(Matthew 18:6)

When you lose your love of God, and worship other things in his place, the adversary becomes your master. That can lead you down a path that is beyond horrible. The agency of man, the right to choose right from wrong, God protects. When you destroy the innocents ability to make good choices, by teaching them that evil is good and good is evil you are in essence taking away their agency to choose. God looks at the physical and spiritual death of a child at our hands as most abominable. I think that is ultimately when He says enough.



Day 2977

No comments:

Post a Comment