Thursday, May 11, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 2:1, 5

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 2:1, 5
"And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.
And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them."

What stood out to me was regardless of the rebellious listening to Ezekiel or not, they would know there was a prophet among them. I think God gives us every chance to repent and turn back to him. At some point we will all stand before the bar of God, having to confess our unrepented sins and acknowledge that Jesus is the Christ. We will all know His judgments are just.

"Know ye not that if ye will do these things, that the power of the redemption and the resurrection, which is in Christ, will bring you to stand with shame and awful guilt before the bar of God?
Finally, I bid you farewell, until I shall meet you before the pleasing bar of God, which bar striketh the wicked with awful dread and fear. Amen."
(Jacob 6:9, 13)

"Even this mortal shall put on immortality, and this corruption shall put on incorruption, and shall be brought to stand before the bar of God, to be judged of him according to their works whether they be good or whether they be evil—"
(Mosiah 16:10)

"And now I ask of you, my brethren, how will any of you feel, if ye shall stand before the bar of God, having your garments stained with blood and all manner of filthiness? Behold, what will these things testify against you?"
(Alma 5:22)

"And Amulek hath spoken plainly concerning death, and being raised from this mortality to a state of immortality, and being brought before the bar of God, to be judged according to our works."
(Alma 12:12)

"And I exhort you to remember these things; for the time speedily cometh that ye shall know that I lie not, for ye shall see me at the bar of God; and the Lord God will say unto you: Did I not declare my words unto you, which were written by this man, like as one crying from the dead, yea, even as one speaking out of the dust?"
(Moroni 10:27)



Day 2963

No comments:

Post a Comment