Sunday, May 14, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 5:12

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 5:12
"A third part of thee shall die with the pestilence, and with famine shall they be consumed in the midst of thee: and a third part shall fall by the sword round about thee; and I will scatter a third part into all the winds, and I will draw out a sword after them."

I can't imagine hearing a prophet saying this to me. I just pictured being in general conference and hearing this. How would I react? Fear? Worry? Panic? These do sound like last day prophesies. Then I thought about how many thirds he referenced. Not all would be destroyed. Some would be scattered. Granted with a sword after them. I thought how I would like to stand near the prophet and listen to his every word. There has to be counsel and guidance there. I would obey with exactness. I also thought about prayer and being guided by the Holy Spirit in what to do for me and the family. After all Lehi was told to take his family away from Jerusalem before it was destroyed. I think the difference between me and the majority of the people Ezekiel is speaking to is that they wouldn't listen. After all they had been through they did not believe his words. With the calmness of the spirit, and peace around me, I am sure I would be guided in what to do, and probably before the prophet had to share those dire words. I thought about all that I had been impressed to do before the pandemic hit and how it helped us weather the storm.



Day 2966

No comments:

Post a Comment