Monday, May 15, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 6:3-4

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 6:3-4
"And say, Ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord GOD; Thus saith the Lord GOD to the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys; Behold, I, even I, will bring a sword upon you, and I will destroy your high places.
And your altars shall be desolate, and your images shall be broken: and I will cast down your slain men before your idols."

What was happening that was so grievous to bring destruction on mountain, hills, rivers and valleys? It was the wickedness performed on top of them. It was their places of idol worship. When you think of the children of Israel, you don't think of idol worshippers. Yet, this is where their apostasy had lead them. They embraced the pagan gods and practices around them.

All these places needed to be torn down and destroyed and the idol worshippers removed from among them. It made me think of wolves among the sheep. People that call themselves saints or christians, yet are unaware of the occult practices they have embraced and heaven forbid teach to others.

The greatest protection a person has against embracing false doctrine is to know the doctrine, to read and ponder the scriptures. I am forever grateful that as I committed to read my scriptures daily that the spirit told me to just read the scriptures, and not books about the scriptures.

"And also trust no one to be your teacher nor your minister, except he be a man of God, walking in his ways and keeping his commandments."
(Mosiah 23:14)

"Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God."
(Matthew 22:29)

"And this I do that I may establish my gospel, that there may not be so much contention; yea, Satan doth stir up the hearts of the people to contention concerning the points of my doctrine; and in these things they do err, for they do wrest the scriptures and do not understand them."
(Doctrines and Covenants 10:63)



Day 2967

No comments:

Post a Comment