Friday, May 19, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 10:10-11

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 10:10-11
"And as for their appearances, they four had one likeness, as if a wheel had been in the midst of a wheel.
When they went, they went upon their four sides; they turned not as they went, but to the place whither the head looked they followed it; they turned not as they went."

This made me think of "circle the wagons". How for protection on the trail the wagon trains would circle their wagons at night. These circled wagons created a simple corral for their animals, making them less likely to stray. I thought of how the circle would be made by following the leader. Protection was not achieved if you turned against the wagon train and left a gap. I could just picture wheels in the midst of a wheel. I'm not sure how this necessarily fits with Ezekiel's vision. But, I could see protection being given and the necessity to not stray and turn away.



Day 2971

No comments:

Post a Comment