Friday, July 16, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 24:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 24:1
"And when Balaam saw that it pleased the Lord to bless Israel, he went not, as at other times, to seek for enchantments, but he set his face toward the wilderness."

I am glad for this verse it confirms that Balaam did receive revelation through the Lord and not through the adversaries means of deception. Over the years as I have read various prophesies and dreams, or even reports of visitations of angels, I have questioned their source. I've wondered if they used the way to try those spirits as spoken of in the Doctrine and Covenants 129, being as simple as offering to shake hands. What I have decided is to throw the vast lot out, unless I understand the authority of that man and who recorded it.



Day 2300

No comments:

Post a Comment