Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 15:27-28

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 15:27-28
"And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering.
And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the Lord, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him."

It made me happy to read this. I learned this concept before I fully understood it. I had worried about the sins I had committed in ignorance or had forgotten to repent of and learned there is a way prepared to repent of them. How merciful God is to us. The Savior's atonement covers them. Repentance is best done daily, so we don't forget, and that we learn from them.

I remember feeling the desire to repent of all my sins even the ones that I had long forgotten. It really concerned me. I went a whole week with this pressing on my mind. Trying to figure out what I should do about it. What if I couldn't think of them all? So, I prayed about it.

The impression I received was to ask during the sacrament that ALL my sins would be forgiven me, even those I had forgotten. So, I did. It was an experience I will never forget. I felt the spirit strongly as I took the bread, but as I drank the water I felt as if a wave of cool water just washed over me from my head to my toes. It was like I was baptized all over again. Well, I had been hadn't I? The taking of the sacrament is the renewal of my baptismal covenants.

As wonderful as that experience was to be forgiven of all my sins, it is more wonderful to not let the sins build up in the first place. How blessed we are to have the ability to ask forgiveness in daily prayer, and while partaking of the sacrament. Now as I pray daily to ask to be forgiven of my sins there are times I'm not sure what I did wrong. I could only think to ask forgiveness for the sins committed out of ignorance and that felt right. Now I see that is not amiss to ask for that.



Day 2291

 

No comments:

Post a Comment