Friday, July 30, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 2:4-5, 9, 19

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 2:4-5, 9, 19
And command thou the people, saying, Ye are to pass through the coast of your brethren the children of Esau, which dwell in Seir; and they shall be afraid of you: take ye good heed unto yourselves therefore:
Meddle not with them; for I will not give you of their land, no, not so much as a foot breadth; because I have given mount Seir unto Esau for a possession.
And the LORD said unto me, Distress not the Moabites, neither contend with them in battle: for I will not give thee of their land for a possession; because I have given Ar unto the children of Lot for a possession.
And when thou comest nigh over against the children of Ammon, distress them not, nor meddle with them: for I will not give thee of the land of the children of Ammon any possession; because I have given it unto the children of Lot for a possession."

The children of Israel were told not to meddle or distress the children of Esau or Lot, their land was not to be given to them. The children of Israel were to inherit the land reserved for Abraham's posterity. I thought about how different portions of the earth have been designated by the Lord from time to time as everlasting inheritances. It was also done for the tribe of Joseph and this land. I also thought about how to be a good neighbor I shouldn't meddle, contend or battle with them. I should respect what is their property.



Day 2314

No comments:

Post a Comment