Saturday, July 31, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 3:25-28

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 3:25-28
"I pray thee, let me go over, and see the good land that is beyond Jordan, that goodly mountain, and Lebanon.
But the LORD was wroth with me for your sakes, and would not hear me: and the LORD said unto me, Let it suffice thee; speak no more unto me of this matter.
Get thee up into the top of Pisgah, and lift up thine eyes westward, and northward, and southward, and eastward, and behold it with thine eyes: for thou shalt not go over this Jordan.
But charge Joshua, and encourage him, and strengthen him: for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which thou shalt see."

Moses prays that he could go into the promised land and see it. Instead he is commanded to only view it from a distance. Then he is told to prepare Joshua for this. I pondered on how in leadership we often prepare those to take our place. I think if Moses had taken the children of Israel into the promised land and then died, the Israelites may have rebelled and not followed another prophet. It was good that they experienced this new phase under new leadership and prophet.



Day 2315

No comments:

Post a Comment