Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 22:25, 31-32

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 22:25, 31-32
"And when the ass saw the angel of the Lord, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam’s foot against the wall: and he smote her again.
Then the Lord opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face.
And the angel of the Lord said unto him, Wherefore hast thou smitten thine ass these three times? behold, I went out to withstand thee, because thy way is perverse before me:"

I could not stop from thinking about my broken arm. The joy I felt in the morning, over making an appointment to go to the temple, was dashed to pieces by evening, when I fell while printing out my temple cards. I remember laying on the floor, knowing my arm was badly broken, and saying, "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord". I knew my righteous desire to go to the temple was now placed on hold. Sometimes we can be on a good course, but it's not the road we are meant to travel. We just have to accept the course we are now on and know its the course God has in store for us. Having that knowledge makes enduring and having patience more attainable.



Day 2298

No comments:

Post a Comment