Sunday, June 27, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 5:27

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 5:27
"And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people."

Well, I don't understand this chapter very well. As I'm reading this I kept thinking of the way the puritans would test if someone was a witch. Basically they would die and nothing was really proven. In this situation the husband is jealous of his wife, which may or may not have been unfaithful to him. This was the test to see if she was unfaithful. I have to remember that during the time of the law of Moses it was an eye for eye and tooth for tooth. This was a stiff-necked people that would not live a higher law. It's not my way, and I will leave the matter in the Lord's hand on how he taught them. As for the witch trials they were not men of God. This was not the Lord's way of treating people. There is something to be said for following the living prophet. In the time of Moses they followed the prophet and the commandments they were given. I would much rather have gone through the test for jealousy as an innocent person at the hands of a priest, than a puritan testing for witches. My faith would be that the Lord would take care of me it the law being followed was from Him.



Day 2281

No comments:

Post a Comment