Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 20:23, 26

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 20:23, 26
"And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.
And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people that ye should be mine."

I would imagine there would be some that do not like this chapter, for it speaks of their sins. I sat and pondered on what state as a nation and people we are. Truly its not just this nation, these things are happening among all nations and treated as being enlightened societies today. Maybe that's why we are in the last days. The death spoke of for these sins, is a spiritual death, until God's wrath comes upon them. The challenge is to not walk in the manner of man, but be capable of living a higher law as Christ taught, to love our neighbor as ourselves. Leaving the judgment in the matter in His hands.

What does the Lord mean that he has "severed you from other people"? To be severed from something means its cut-off, the connection is broken or ended. You no long have any effect on what you were disconnected from. Right now I would say I feel severed from those that have the understanding of man. I know my words, thoughts and opinions have no place or effect on them. So, I will just remain cut-off on the subjects and leave them be. That's OK with me. What ultimately matters is how I behave and keep His commandments, even when the world sees it otherwise.



Day 2269

No comments:

Post a Comment