Friday, June 25, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 3:12-13

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 3:12-13
"And I, behold, I have taken the Levites from among the children of Israel instead of all the firstborn that openeth the matrix among the children of Israel: therefore the Levites shall be mine;
Because all the firstborn are mine; for on the day that I smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt I hallowed unto me all the firstborn in Israel, both man and beast: mine shall they be: I am the Lord.

Instead of all the firstborn being counted the Lord's, the tribe of Levi was to serve as priests. All the first born males one month an older from the eleven tribes were counted. When compared against the number of males one month and older of the tribe of Levi, they were 273 males short. Redemption money was paid to the Levites for there being less males to serve. It's interesting that even in this transaction of counting first born, and redemption being paid, it still symbolized the ultimate first born son, Jesus Christ and the redemption he has paid for all of us.



Day 2279

No comments:

Post a Comment