Thursday, April 8, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 42:22, 37

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 42:22, 37

"And Reuben answered them, saying, Spake I not unto you, saying, Do not sin against the child; and ye would not hear? therefore, behold, also his blood is required.
And Reuben spake unto his father, saying, Slay my two sons, if I bring him not to thee: deliver him into my hand, and I will bring him to thee again."

I see in Reuben a man that has a repentant heart. He lost his birthright to Joseph because of his moral transgression with Bilhah his father's concubine. Then he tries to stop his brothers from killing Joseph by suggesting they put him in a pit, and that they would deliver him to their father again. He rents his clothes when he finds Joseph gone from the pit. Now in Egypt when they have no idea that it is Joseph listening to them, Reuben feels blood is required to atone for what was done to Joseph. He is later willing to offer his own sons if he does not return Benjamin back to his father. I had never really thought about Reuben when reading this story before, but now I see him in a new light.



Day 2201

No comments:

Post a Comment