Sunday, April 18, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 2:22

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 2:22

"And she bare him a son, and he called his name Gershom: for he said, I have been a stranger in a strange land."

This verse stood out to me for the mention of being a stranger. I pondered on the various times I have been "a stranger in a strange land". It made me ponder on the people that are moving here to Utah. I strongly feel they need to come, even though there are growing pains. I looked up all the verses in the scriptures that mention strangers. These are the ones that stood out to me.

"But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God."
(Leviticus 19:34)

"And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the Lord of hosts."
(Malachi 3:5)

"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:"
(Matthew 25:35)

"Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;"
(Ephesians 2:19)

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."
(Hebrews 13:2)

"For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?"
(Mosiah 5:13)



Day 2211

No comments:

Post a Comment