Saturday, April 24, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 8:6-8

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 8:6-8

"And Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt; and the frogs came up, and covered the land of Egypt.
And the magicians did so with their enchantments, and brought up frogs upon the land of Egypt.
Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron, and said, Entreat the Lord, that he may take away the frogs from me, and from my people; and I will let the people go, that they may do sacrifice unto the Lord."

The plagues are now starting that annoy and torment the people. I noticed that the plagues of frogs and lice fall on all the people. The plague of swarms of flies only fall on the Egyptians, and not the land of Goshen where the children of Israel are. This made me think of the promised plagues of the last days, and how we are experiencing it now.

"For I, the Almighty, have laid my hands upon the nations, to scourge them for their wickedness.
And plagues shall go forth, and they shall not be taken from the earth until I have completed my work, which shall be cut short in righteousness."
(Doctrine and Covenants 84:96-97)

I thought of the reactions I am observing with our plague. First, there are people denying there even is one. Some consider it man-made as if that makes it any less a problem. In this chapter the frogs come from both the hand of God and the magicians. I know if frogs were jumping into my kneadingtrough it wouldn't matter if it was a frog from God or from the magicians at that point. The result is the same, it just ruined my bread.

The magicians that brought up frogs from the land appear unable to control it or call it back. It took Pharaoh to ask Moses and Aaron to entreat the Lord to make it go away. He had to at least acknowledge the hand of God in this. So either man-made or God made a plague does not end until the Lord says it's done. That made me wonder where we are at with the ending of our plague? I thought about President Nelson calling these vaccines miracles. I take that as God's prepared way to stop it. Sadly, if you can't acknowledge God's hand in miracles then we're probably left with the problem of frogs or Covid for a while. On the bright side eventually the plagues do not effect the children of Israel, only Pharaoh's people. I guess at that point you better know which side you're on.



Day 2217

No comments:

Post a Comment