Monday, April 19, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 3:19-20

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 3:19-20

"And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not by a mighty hand.
And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go."

Moses talks with the Lord from a burning bush, and is given the assignment to deliver the children of Israel out of Egypt. This part stood out to me because I don't recall if I already understood Moses was told Pharaoh would not let them go. That it would take wonders or miracles to convince Pharaoh to free them. Moses doesn't appear to be told what miracles and how many times it would take, or even that at some point he will divide the waters so the children of Israel will pass on dry ground. Isn't that like most things, we are only told enough so we can work in faith.


Day 2212

No comments:

Post a Comment