Friday, April 2, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 36:1, 43

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 36:1, 43

"Now these are the generations of Esau, who is Edom.
Duke Magdiel, duke Iram: these be the dukes of Edom, according to their habitations in the land of their possession: he is Esau the father of the Edomites."

I love family history but reading the generations of Edom was about ready to put me to sleep. My mind wondered as I read the names. First, I'm asking myself why do I need to know this? I really don't care. Then I thought how cool they must feel to see their names in the bible and generations of people speak their names. Then I thought about the same type of setup in Ether in the Book of Mormon. The genealogy has to be given so the rest of the story where the Edomites come in have a framework. It was actually rather interesting to go from why do I care? to I should be paying attention here.



Day 2195

No comments:

Post a Comment