Thursday, May 28, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 28:6

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 28:6
"And now surely this was a sorrowful day; yea, a time of solemnity, and a time of much fasting and prayer."

I was reading the news prior to reading my scriptures tonight and my heart was breaking. So much death and destruction and that's not even the pandemic going on. It seems one horrific news story after another and I just couldn't continue to read it. My scriptures are always my solace and that is what I turned to and here in this chapter is more death, destruction, and mourning. When I saw this verse I realized it was indeed time for much fasting and prayer. It is all that only as one person that I can do. I am grateful now that I have a purpose. Fast Sunday isn't for another week but no one says I have to wait.


Day 1886

No comments:

Post a Comment